The Conference Travel Grant (CTG) aims at providing partial financial support for participation in IEEE ComSoc conferences. The requirements for
eligibility for the CTG are:
- the candidate must be a ComSoc member, and
- a conference participant, or
- an author/researcher unable to obtain substantial sponsorships from his/her institution or other sources, and forced to cover most of all the associated expenses with own funds.
Priority will be given to:
- Authors of the related Conference Papers
- Presenters of accepted talks
- Be from a country with a low Gross Domestic Product (GDP)
A committee of volunteers will be appointed to gather and evaluate requests for support, based on the following agreed rules:
- The candidate will make a request for financial support by giving the reason for the trip and with detailed estimation of traveling costs and why he/she cannot obtain such funding. The candidate will indicate his/her financial shortcomings.
The candidate can submit his/her application through the following APPLICATION FORM.
Documents to be provided:
- Link to short CV or professional website (URL)
- country of residence and country of birth
- ComSoc membership number (ComSoc membership is mandatory)
- accepted paper number (if any)
Any non-compliant request will not be considered.
Ranking of the candidates will be done in this order of descending priority:
- GDP of the country of residence/work
- distance of the country of residence/work from the conference venue
- paper/talk review evaluation
CTG will be paid as reimbursement after the conference and only if the goal of the request is achieved.
A recipient of CTG cannot accumulate any other ComSoc Grant for the specific conference.