SYMPOSIA ORAL PRESENTATIONS
Oral presentations for the ICC Symposia have been allocated 18 minutes (15 minutes of effective presentation time, plus 3 minutes for Q&A and change of speaker).
Authors must prepare their oral presentations to be sure to convey their message in a clear and sharp manner, including giving outline of the key principles, facts and results. More detailed discussions can continue during the breaks.
In order to ensure a smooth performance during your session, please carefully review the following instructions:
- Know the time and location of your session. Make sure you know how to get to the meeting room where your session is held.
- Arrive to the room 15 minutes before the start of the session and introduce yourself to the session chair.
- A laptop, projector, and screen will be available in the session room, with the latest version of Microsoft Powerpoint and Office, and Acrobat dc Reader
- Create your presentation using MS PowerPoint or Adobe PDF formats and save it onto a USB drive. Bring the USB drive to the session and upload the presentation to the laptop in the session room at least 10 minutes before the start time of your session. You can also bring it earlier during the coffee/lunch breaks of any days before your presentation. A volunteer will be present to assist you as needed.
To avoid any compatibility problems, please read carefully the instructions below.
- Prepare your presentation using PPT/PPTX or Adobe PDF format .
- All videos or animations in the presentation must run automatically!
- We cannot provide support for embedded videos in your presentation; please test your presentation with the on-site laptop and ensure that it works accordingly prior to the session.
- Only fonts that are included in the basic installation of MS-Windows will be available. Use of other fonts not included in Windows may cause wrong layout/style of your presentation.
SYMPOSIA INTERACTIVE PRESENTATIONS
Interactive sessions for the ICC Symposia are scheduled in 45-minute time slots (please note that the interactive session code number starts with "-i" , e.g., CISS-i1, SAC-08 MLCN-i6). You must use your own laptop for Interactive presentations.
Presentations will be displayed on LCD screens, with the following properties:
- Screen dimensions: 27"
- Resolution: 1920*1080 pxl
- Orientation: Landscape
- Display from your laptop: we will supply HDMI cable ONLY. If your laptop or other device does not provide HDMI output, you will need to bring any necessary adaptors.
The presenter should:
- Arrive to the Interactive Session Screens (located at the Exhibition Area) no later than 15 minutes before the start of the session
- Bring your laptop with the final presentation already pre-loaded. A volunteer will indicate which LCD screen is allocated for which presentation.
During the refreshment breaks, the screens will be available for you to check your presentation.
Please make sure the following information is ALWAYS visible on the screen during the Interactive Sessions, so that attendees can easily identify the papers being presented, regardless of the slide you are showing:
- Paper title
- List of authors with affiliations
The Interactive Session presentations offer a means to engage with the audience in a number of novel ways. Attendees will walk around from one presenter to another during the session so that they too can maximize their time at the session.
Presenters at workshops should follow the same general guidance as given above for oral presentations in the Symposia. However, workshop presentations may follow different timings. As such, presenters should contact the appropriate workshop organizers for guidance and clarification if further explanation is needed.